Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Holiday know as Valentines Day.......

I know its not February yet, but its still getting to that time of year.  I mean the retail stores already have Valentines decorations out and everything.  I went to a JoAnn's fabric and craft store twice over break and they had a lots of Valentines day stuff and there was even a sale on them.....and it was the beginning of January.  Walmart even has the candy isle where they have all of those huge heart boxes of candy that every women needs....not.  Then there are the flowers, yes flowers are pretty, I get them every year for a birthday, which is very nice.  But flowers on Valentines day is the biggest thing there is and I see no point to it.  Valentines Day is a holiday for those people that are in relationships, in love, etc. etc. blah. blah.  Valentines Day is a holiday worth skipping in my opinion.  You want to know why? Because I believe that this holiday only benefits those people that are in relationships, and those that are not are reminded about being single and how the greeting card companies think that oh poor you, you are not dating anyone....sorry but I guess that makes you a loser.  When I was in high school every year there would be this large table set up in the commons area.  On that table would be Valentines Day presents that parents got their child or boyfriends that got their girlfriends something.  I never got anything and I knew I wouldn't because I didn't have a boyfriend in high school and to be honest, I am still looking for the right guy.  But that is not the point of this blog post.  Valentines Day just remind us single people in the world that there is no guy or girl in our lives and to be frank, it sucks.  Even though some of us are reminded every day, but Valentines Day is the worst because there is so much pink and white and red that I just might puke.  You might say that I am being bitchy about the subject, but it sucks not having that certain someone to spend this day with.  Valentines Day has always been a holiday that I have hated....maybe sometime in the future that may change.

No comments:

Post a Comment