Monday, January 9, 2012

The Joys of Woking in Retail

I work at a retail store and my position is Sales Associate, but some days that is not really my job title.  On a good day it is.  I deal with snobby customers who are too lazy to pick up after themselves and demand to be waited on hand and foot.  They also expect everything to be free....when in reality nothing is.  I hear it everyday from people of that is not right its supposed to be this price.  But you know the saying that the customer is always right? Well that is bullshit, because the customer is not right.  I have had people fight with my over the price of things just because it is not what they want it to be.  Some people will complain that it is too much even with all the coupons that they.  Its ridiculous! I don't want to sound like one of those peoples that bitch about their job, but people need to wise up and realize that I am a person that does not deserve to be treated like shit.  I am just here to help you find what you need and to have you leave in a happy mood.  It is not my fault that your coupon does not work or that you were expecting a lower price or that your credit card was declined.  The other day while I was working this happened.  There were two ladies looking at our $1.99 sock bin.  It was a mother and daughter to be exact.  The mother held up a pair of socks that were navy blue and had three snowmen embroidered on the top of the sock.  The mother turns to the daughter and asks her, what do you think of these?  The daughter replies with those are gay.  Mother turns to me and says, yeah why are you trying to sell me gay socks.  I was speechless.  I also thought really? You are offending me and I am straight! It was horrible, you do not use that word anymore!  And I can't say anything back to them because I could get in trouble.  I also had a women snap at me because I was watching her try on boots and couldn't get it up her leg, so her husband had to help.  She was a bitch, and I never even said anything offending to her.  She thought I was about to attack her...and that is true because of the way I approached her.  I was like WTF?!?!?! It made me so mad.  She was heavily medicated anyway because she just had back surgery and had to talk to one of my managers about it.  It was annoying.  But oh well I put it past me.  She should have just stayed home of she wasn't feeling well.  But people in this world are dumb and don't know any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment