Saturday, January 28, 2012

Facebook Official....Does it Even Exist Anymore?

I have been wanting to type this post all week, but had like no ambition to.  So okay the point of this post is to inform you that you should not believe everything on Facebook.  You are probably thinking well duh that is pretty obvious and if you do your dumb.  Well for starters I am going to start with the whole "Facebook official" crap.  Back in the day (yes I just said that) well when I was in high school which was like 2-3 years ago, you were not dating the person unless you were Facebook official.  Your relationship status HAD to say "In a relationship with....." You get the point.  But everyone used to talk about that and be like oh well are you guys Facebook official? And if you weren't you were not an actual couple.  Well that whole Facebook official crap is basically gone....which partly is a good thing.  BUT since its not a big deal anymore people do not change their relationship status as often.  So if you are in a relationship just make that your relationship status, no one really gives a fuck who you are dating it is just to know if you are taken and okay I won't go for you.  But most people do not do that....so I will give you a scenario.....Okay girl meets hot guy and then adds him on Facebook.  Girl goes to his Facebook page and sees that he is single.  Girl gets really happy because she can go after him.  Girl tries going after guy and it fails.  Then girl finds out he is taken, but doesn't want people to know about it.  Girl is disappointed.  See? This would all be easier if you change your relationship status.  And there is something else! If you don't want anyone to know just take it off Facebook there is an option for that! And I am not kidding. Because in my opinion, people do not need to know my relationship status.  If you want to know then just ask me.  That is why mine is not listed, it forces you to ask me.  Which is a good thing.  So for those of you that are taken and your relationship still says single, change it or take it off before that person that is interested in you finds out that you are in fact off the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment